post work-out meal prep: caramelized chicken with carrots and radish
Today’s meal prep is easy to make. Ingredients are also locally grown and organic. I enjoy going to farmer’s market every now and then to get the fresh and organic vegetables I need for our daily meal plan. So here, I am sharing this meal prep that is ideal to eat after a good and fulfilling work-out. I suggest to prepare this meal ahead and store in containers and keep in the fridge.
Here it goes!
Serves 3. Cooking time is approximately 45 minutes.
For the ingredients we need:
6 pieces chicken breast (fats rmoved)
6 organic carrots
6 organic round spring radish
2 Spanish white onions cut in half
A handful of alfalfa sprouts
Note: for the following ingredients, you can make and adjust the amount according to your own taste preference.
2 tablespoon apple cider
4 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 small bowl of colourful cherry tomatoes
- In a glass dish season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the pan to medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add in the chicken breast, carrots, radishes and the onions. Cover the pan and let it slow cook for about 15 minutes. You may also sprinkle the carrots and radishes with a bit more salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn over the chicken and the vegetables then sprinkle with paprika. Slow cook for another 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with the apple cider and lemon squeeze.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes. Cover and let it cook for another 15 minutes in medium heat.
- Once it starts to caramelize and when the carrots and radish are already soft and tender it is time to adjust the heat to low heat and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the stove then serve in a plate. Sprinkle with the fresh alfalfa sprouts.
My two friends and I, enjoyed this meal for lunch. We loved the juicy and tasty burst of flavours. Most importantly its packed with vitamins and minerals that we need after a good zumba or yoga. And of course a glass of champagne will complete this meal!