simple nail art tutorial
I did Angel’s nails in this tutorial but this nail art design is so simple that you can definitely do it own your own too. If you have a girl friend to do it with, it saves you the time and it is double the fun.
Assuming that you are done cleaning your nails, you’ll just need just a few things. A base coat, two different color of nail polish, and a top coat.
Here are the steps:
1. Apply a base coat. You can skip this step if you are comfortable polishing your nail without it. It is not a must but a base coat makes the color stick to your nails better. It also protects your nail from the damaging effect of the nail polish. After applying, let it dry completely.
2. Place a masking tape on the portion of your nail that you don’t want the color on. Almost any tape will do but I suggest using ones that are specially for nail art. You can buy them cheaply from cosmetics stores.
3. Apply your first color and let it dry before removing the masking tapes.
4. If you are a perfectionist, I suggest placing a masking tape again on the portion of your nails you don’t want your second color on before applying the nail polish. If you are in a hurry or if you have a steady hand, you can go ahead and paint a line of the second color just beside your main color. In this step, you can use a dotting pen (just like what I used) or the nail polish brush.
5. It is not shown on the photo below but this step is very important. After the applying the colors, apply a top coat to seal the nail polish. This last step is very important. A top coat helps prevent the nail polish from chipping therefore, making your manicure last longer.
Note: You can quicken the drying time by using a nail polish drying spray or a UV lamp nail polish dryer.